- The U.S. has the highest dog population in the world. France has the second highest.
- Petting dogs is proven to lower blood pressure of dog owners.
- In Croatia, scientists discovered that lampposts were falling down because a chemical in the urine of male dogs was rotting the metal.
- The best dog to reportedly attract a date is the Golden Retriever. The worst is the Pit Bull.
- The Akita is one of the most challenging dogs to own. Some insurance companies have even characterized it as the #1 “bad dog” and may even raise an Akita owner’s homeowner insurance costs.
- One kind of Pekingese is referred to as a “sleeve” because it was bred to fit into a Chinese empress’ sleeves, which was how it was often carried around.
Follow This Blog On Twitter For More Amazing Facts: Follow