- Alexander was tutored by Leonidas of Epirus (not Leonidas, king of Sparta) and the great Greek philosopher Aristotle.
- Alexander the Great had three wives: Roxane, Statiera, and Parysatis.
- Alexander never loses in a single battle.
- Aristotle educated Alexander and his companions in medicine, philosophy, morals, religion, logic and art.
- Alexander had two sons, Alexander IV of Macedon of Roxana and Heracles of Macedon from Barsine. Both children were killed before they reached adulthood. He lost another child when Roxana miscarried at Hydaspes.
- Alexandra Bucephalus was a city founded in 326 BCE by Alexander the Great and named in honor of his beloved horse, Bucephalus.
Follow This Blog On Twitter For More Amazing Facts: Follow