6 Facts About Calories
- If you average out the calorie consumption per day in America, it’s 3,790 calories per day per person.
- There are no calories in tea or coffee (just in the milk and sugar that you add…)
- New York restaurants are now legally obliged to display calorie counts on menus … and in the UK, government ministers are calling for similar legislation.
- Eating a high-calorie diet when pregnant is linked to giving birth to boys rather than girls. (The rise in low-calorie diets in the developed world is seen as one possible reason for the increasing number of female babies being born compared to male babies.)
- The average deep fried mars bar contains almost 1,000 calories – that could be most of your daily allowance, if you’re a small female office dieter.
- The Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps eats 12,000 calories per day whilst training – that’s enough calories to feel ten sedentary office dieters!
Follow This Blog On Twitter For More Amazing Facts: Follow