6 Facts About Cats Part(II)
- The world’s rarest coffee, Kopi Luwak, comes from Indonesia where a wildcat known as the luwak lives. The cat eats coffee berries and the coffee beans inside pass through the stomach. The beans are harvested from the cat’s dung heaps and then cleaned and roasted. Kopi Luwak sells for about $500 for a 450 g (1 lb) bag.
- Approximately 1/3 of cat owners think their pets are able to read their minds.
- Most cats had short hair until about 100 years ago, when it became fashionable to own cats and experiment with breeding.
- A commemorative tower was built in Scotland for a cat named Towser, who caught nearly 30,000 mice in her lifetime.
- In the 1750s, Europeans introduced cats into the Americas to control pests.
- The normal body temperature of a cat is between 100.5 ° and 102.5 °F. A cat is sick if its temperature goes below 100 ° or above 103 °F.
Follow This Blog On Twitter For More Amazing Facts: Follow