6 Facts About The Crusades
- The Crusades were a series of Holy Wars launched by the Christian states of Europe against the Saracens.
- There were a total of nine crusades.
- The reason for the crusades was a war between Christians and Moslems which centered around the city of Jerusalem.
- The first crusade, which lasted from 1095-1099, established the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem.
- The crusades also gave rise to the important knightly orders, the Knights Templar, the Teutonic Knights and the Hospitaller.
- For a period of two hundred years Europe and Asia were engaged in almost constant warfare.
Follow This Blog On Twitter For More Amazing Facts: Follow