- Temujin is known in world history as “Genghis Khan. His real name is Borjigin Temujin.
- 1 in every 200 men is a descendant of Genghis Khan.
- Temujin and his men attacked Samarkand in Central Asia using prisoners as body shields and executed every soldier that had taken arms against him.
- It was in 1227 that Genghis died, some stories say that he was castrated by a Tangut princess using a knife inserted on her vagina to avenge his treatment of the Tanguts and stop him from raping her.
- Prior to his death, to avoid conflict among his sons, Genghis explicitly divided his empire among them and made them all Khan in their own right and by appointing one of his sons as his successor.
- According to some historians, they estimated that Genghis Khan’s campaigns killed as many as 40 million people.
Follow This Blog On Twitter For More Amazing Facts: Follow